Monday 9 February 2009

I am now (almost) back in the land of the living but realised - with an unpleasant start - yesterday that I have to be in Birmingham on Friday for a three trade show - this time wearing my Cornish Organic Hat.

For those of you who didn't realise, FB and I also own Cornish Organic Wool Ltd - check us out at www.cornishorganicwool.co.uk. The annual trade show is at the NEC and is the place for wool shops and other retailers to see what's available on the market. Now, I have nothing against Birmingham and the NEC per se but, right now, I'd rather be at home catching up on all the things I haven't done over the past month or so - like sleeping and, possibly, downing a G&T (or two) and - heaven forfend - spending time with my children. After some deep breathing I pulled myself together and passed the happy news on to FB - who uttered some unrepeatable oaths and practiced deep breathing himself. For some reason we'd both thought it was at least another week away - must be something to do with time flying?!

Today I have mostly spent time doing paperwork and fixing the computer - or, more precisely, persuading the computer and printer to communicate with each other - why do they one day and then don't the next day - is it me?

One day - as this is a wool shop - I will talk about knitting but I'm going to have to leave you with a confession .. you may need to be sitting down at this point. OK? Sitting down? Deep breath ... I haven't knitted a stitch since before Christmas. Everyone stay calm. I know - it's unthinkable. Somehow the days have just been and gone. And - reeling from that bombshell - I will now leave you - do some knitting for me, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment