Saturday 23 May 2009

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

I had a day off yesterday as it was the boys' School Speech Day and, as I'm a governor at the school, I put on my posh frock and high heels (I didn't cycle there) and we had a really lovely day. In the morning we have the infants and juniors so we have the tiny little 4 & 5 year olds who are so lovely and grin from ear to ear when they get a prize. In the afternoon we have the 11 year olds up to the Sixth Form so, in the middle years, it's not quite so "cool" to be getting a prize.

Eldest son, G, was up for a prize but he didn't know what it was for. As I had the programme in the morning, I would know what his prize was so we devised a code where I could let him know if it was "cool" or not. When I got onto the stage if it was a "cool" prize I was to push my glasses up my nose with one finger. If it was "uncool" I would use my whole hand. Fine - but then we had to define "cool" and "uncool" - anything sporty was "cool", "effort in maths" was most definitely "uncool".

As it happens, he got the Senior School Sports Endeavour Prize so all was fine and super-cool!

He also got his half colours in rugby and T got his half colours in hockey (unheard of in Year 9 but he is in the County Squad) - I'm not supposed to say all this as, apparently, it makes me a bragging Mum - my argument is that I'm a proud Mum.

How would I feel if he's got "effort in maths" though? - that's the question!

Tomorrow we go to the beach (if the weather holds) and I will take pics!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it's ok to be a proud mum and if your boys don't want you bragging, then they shouldn't do so well! Congrats all around!

    Tineke (aka tinebeest, who was in the shop yesterday talking with you about the new line of Wool Britannia)

    ReplyDelete