Wednesday 10 February 2010

Stash Busting

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

This afternoon I sorted my stash.

I wasn't planning to sort it - I was planning to work on end of year accounts but I needed last year's accounts and they're in the same cupboard/walk in wardrobe as the stash and, well, one thing led to another. As part of the new, tidier, more organised year, all balls of wool, odds and ends of wool, gifts of wool etc left around the house have been hurled into the stash cupboard over the past few weeks. They are all now in boxes.

I think it's fair to say that the stash is out of control. I had always prided myself in keeping the stash in one plastic tub. I can't even pretend that it'll fit in one tub now. There's an overflowing tub (which I can't shut even if I sit on it) and a whole (empty) wine box of Cornish Organic odds and ends. If I don't do something soon, it's going to take over the house. A stash busting jacket/sweater is called for and I think I have just the pattern. I am very, very excited.

But - I must remain monogamous to The Cornish Gansey (on the cuff of the first sleeve - oh, yeah). FB and the M-in-L have said I must remain monogamous to TCG. I know I must remain monogamous to it but, dear Lord, the stash busting jacket is crying to be knitted. It's going to be spectacular, it's going to have bits of all kinds of things in it and it'll bring back lots of lovely memories. I must be strong .........

........ I haven't yet worked out where G's navy sweater fits into all of this but I'm pretty sure that knitting for 2010 is now sorted.

I will now return to my Year End Accounts .......

1 comment:

  1. I just had to comment about the wool stash as I have just sorted out some of mine. It is a collection that reaches back 20 yrs or more and is now contained in a huge suitcase ( that baggage handlers knocked 1 leg off) and a huge (space bag) that reduced my ginormous pile into a solid zipped up block to go in the garage. I guess I might get round to using it one day..You never know it may come in handy sometime.lol

    ReplyDelete