Sunday 18 July 2010

Day 8 - Knitting Update

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk
www.justgiving.com/TheHopsons

Can't believe I forgot to give you a knitting update earlier. Last night - late (my first night of knitting whilst the cyclists snored) I FINISHED THE FRONT!!! I decided to add a nod to H4H so gave myself a bit of intarsia to work in (an excellent plan when you're already 1 day behind schedule, I'm sure you'll agree). I have now cast on the sleeves. As is my common practice, I'm knitting them both at the same time. This will ensure that:

a) they're both identical and if I make a mistake with one I'll make it with both; and

b) if I fail to complete this garment I'll do so in spectacular style as my sweater at Land's End will consist of a front and back sewn together at the shoulders and nothing else.

It feels good to be on the last bits but sleeves are deceptive little blighters as you're increasing as you go so, proportionately, the beginning knitting is the smallest bit.

Onward and upward!

The cycling today has been horrid - update in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment