Thursday 9 June 2011

Stashbusting Jacket - first sleeve

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

The stashbusting jacket is progressing ............ the pattern called for 6mm needles and the jacket ends up about 40" round. I'm only small so I've brought the needles down to 4.5mm - also because I wanted a denser fabric and not one that was going to sag. This will, inevitably, mean I'll need more yarn so I chucked in a couple of extra skeins. First sleeve is going well (G says I'm going to look like a gypsy):



















From top to bottom we have:
- a hint of Aracuania sugar cane yarn (free sample, can't remember its name)
- Noro Kureyon sock
- Colinette Tagliatelle
- Colinette Art
- Noro Kureyon Sock
- Noro Kureyon
- Katia Samba
- Noro Kureyon
- Colinette Giotto
- random wool from New Zealand (bought a million years ago)
- Katia Samba
- Sari Silk
- Noro Kureyon
- Noro Kureyon Sock
- Noro bought from Hong Kong - never seen in the UK
- Katia Samba
- Aracuania - something - not sure!
- Noro Kureyon
- and, finally, Colinette Giotto.

A couple of things:

1. I won't be giving a blow by blow account of every colour change for the entire jacket (that would be silly);
2. There's a lot of Noro Kureyon and Kureyon sock in there but, of course, the colours change and I'm just knitting one colour section at a time at the moment (this will change when I get to the body);
3. I may well regret the narrow colour bands when it comes to sewing in the ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment