Friday 15 July 2011

Quick Update Before Camping

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

Yes - as you can see from the title - the time has come for our annual camping trip to East Prawle in Devon. The weather forecast is dreadful so plus ca change. I'm trying to catch up on accounts before we go and I have one particularly grumpy son stomping around who can't decide whether to come camping in the rain or stay at home and work - decisions, decisions!! (I'm willing to bet a fair bit he comes with us!)

We've had a huge delivery in from James Brett so all lines are now fully stocked and updated - specifically the incredibly popular Marble Chunky, Monsoon (which looks like Noro but isn't and is way, way cheaper), Marble DK and the full range of baby yarns, Magi Knit, Bliss and Baby Marble. Once we get back from camping there'll be new colours on the site in Rustic Aran, Woodlander, Tints and Twinkle. These deliveries take over a day to sort out but it does mean we have to tidy the shelves and update the site so we're all terrifically organised! All the patterns are also re-stocked so check them out for inspiration!

Our Mummy chicken hatched just one of her eggs so we had an interesting biology lesson with the others. They were all fertilised and in various stages of development and, apparently, it's been a bad year for chickens this year - not sure if it's the weather or what but they just didn't develop. The one we have is very sweet:














I've finished my stashbusting jacket and I LOVE it. Pics next week - along with other garments which we've finished (when I say "we", I mostly mean Tracey) and haven't shown you yet.

I finally got my end of year stuff to the accountant this week so regular blogging and pictures should re-commence - I've been rather lax of late - apologies.

The jacket hardly made an indent into the stash so I've launched into my first ever crochet project - nothing too big - a bedspread. It's challenging but should eat up the stash!

Now I must go and complete this week's paperwork and then pack my wet weather gear (welly boots are compulsory) for a wet weekend in a field. Why, oh why?

No comments:

Post a Comment