Friday 19 August 2011

More Knitting - and Crochet

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

Today has been one of those manic days trying to catch up on all the paperwork for the one week we've been away - where does it all come from?!

Just before we left Tracey rattled off a very pretty bolero in Debbie Bliss's Bella, which is an amazing cotton, silk and cashmere blend so it looks like cotton but slightly silky and softer. It's a standard DK but there's also a book of patterns to go with it. Tracey knitted this:














but in red and without the flower!

Today I was having a bad hair/no make-up day so FB photographed me in it and then chopped off my head (at my request):













It is lovely and, some 7 hours later, I'm still wearing it!

I also thought you'd like a quick crochet bedspread update and an indication of the size of this project:


















Here's the detail:














and here's the full thing with Deidre walking across it to give you an idea of scale:


















I'm still loving it and managing a colour a night - I reckon I'm about a quarter of the way there - and one thing's for sure - it's going to make a dent in the stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment