Tuesday 16 August 2011

Short Break Part 2

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

Sorrento is, by all accounts, "lush"!!

Back in Wales, I managed to knit a pair of socks (for my brother - don't tell him) - this is the quickest pair of socks I've ever knitted - 6 days from start to finish - so I'm very happy. In addition, he'll actually get his birthday present on time (unlike his wife whose socks were 3 months late). Here they are (slightly too big for my feet but you get the idea):

















They are King Cole, Zig Zag (Blue Danube) which, instead of zigging and zagging, striped (slightly unexpectedly) - but I like them nonetheless!

We also managed to eat rather a lot (strict diet at the moment to recover) and found some fantastic shops, including a wonderful bakery (the source of much of our downfall). They did an amazing bread which I liked so much I took a photo - it's 50% wholemeal and 50% white and, for the record, both ends tasted equally delicious:














On our final day we treated ourselves to a lovely lunch. Long time readers will know that our favourite pub down here is The Gurnard's Head at Zennor, which is a convenient 4.5 mile walk from here over the moors:













Bizarrely, we had bumped into the owner of The Gurnard's in Crickhowell and he urged us to go to their sister pub for lunch - which we were planning to do anyway - and did:



















The Felin Fach Griffin is just outside Brecon and is a joy. We had a superb lunch and are already planning our return (they do some amazing dinner, bed and breakfast deals) - well worth a visit:














(me looking rather self conscious in a rather lovely sweater knitted in old Jaeger Aqua cotton to a Bergere de France pattern).


No comments:

Post a Comment