Saturday 10 September 2011

Phew!

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

Phew - Wow! End of my first week back and my feet have hardly touched the ground. We've been super, super busy - for which we thank you all most gratefully. There's nothing like a touch of cold, damp yukky weather to get us all turning to knitting - and that combined with the edge of a hurricane coming in gives us all a great excuse to do nothing tomorrow but knit and watch rugby!

We (when I say "we", I mean mostly Tracey with minor input from me) have designed and knitted (Tracey did all the knitting) a snood/neck warmer "thing" which seems to be all the rage at the moment (and damn practical they are too). If the hurricane allows us we'll be photographing it tomorrow and putting together the (very tiny) pattern for you all. We'll then pack it up in kits of pattern plus chunky yarn so keep watching! It's a dead simple easy knit, perfect for us and for Christmas presents because, yes, people are knitting for Christmas already.

Tomorrow - after photographs - I plan to mostly knit my Kureyon sock post holiday disaster - so far the second attempt is looking pretty good!

Later this week, new yarns (and patterns) which arrived when I was away - including pure wool from Iceland with traditional patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment