Tuesday 29 November 2011

New Poncho Pattern

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

Unusually for me, I do actually have a new pattern for you today - unusually because it's rare for me to actually get things done on time. This pattern was produced as a result of many requests for poncho patterns. Ponchos came and went about 2/3 years ago and have now come back somewhat earlier than expected (these fashion trends usually take about 20 years to return but this one is back after just the blink of an eye). The knitting companies seem to have missed this one too so we (when I say "we" I mean "I") rattled up this poncho (if by "rattled" you understand me to mean that I knitted it once, checked the tension and size, pulled the whole dratted thing back [not to be recommended with an Astrakan yarn], re-checked my tension and then re-knitted it].

We had some Katia Astrakan yarn which we thought would lend itself perfect to a poncho pattern with no shaping (shaping with Astrakan can be fiddly) and would also be perfect for small girls. What small girl can resist a bubbly, cosy poncho?:



















You can, of course, add stitches around the neck for a collar or tassels around the bottom but we just decorated ours with pretty little buttons:















The pattern can be found here and comes in sizes from a 2 year old up to a small adult. Pattern is free when you buy the yarn (the pattern is showing at £3.00 but we'll deduct that if you order the Astrakan). Pattern on its own is £3.00 (if that makes sense). Astrakan is a funny tension so, although you could fiddle and calculate for a different yarn we do, as always, recommend the yarn its knitted in.

And you've just got enough time to knit one (or two) in time for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment