Saturday 12 November 2011

Scarves - and more Scarves!

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

Radio silence hasn't been caused by the return of the black dog - more a case of not-enough-hours-in-the-day syndrome and a bad case of when-I-get-home-I-just-want-to-veg-in-front-of-the-telly virus. The earliest I left the shop this week was 6.30pm (except Wednesday, my supposed half day, when I left at 5.30). This is, in fact, all good news but now it's 7pm on Saturday and I was up at 6.30 this morning and I'm now lusting after my warm, cosy bed.

Before I crash into the land of nod, I'll update you on all the new goodies which have been occupying us: we had a huge delivery from Stylecraft on Tuesday so stock levels are updated and there are new yarns to follow (on Monday, all being well). Then later on Tuesday we had a big delivery of scarf yarn from Spain. Loads of balls of Triana - these are the new colours:


















which has a proper pattern (!) and knits into this:


















And also a load of new Triana Lux (Triana with glitz), these are the new colours:

















and they knit like this:


















and then, also from Katia, we had new colours in Rizos:











which knits like this:


















Yesterday we had a whole other delivery from Katia but I think it's a mistake and will have to go back - that's Monday's first job!

We then had a delivery from Rico and had MORE Can Can and NEW Can Can Glitz. This is going down a storm:
















Knits like normal Can Can and looks like this:










Just in case you're wondering what Garland looks like - it looks like this:


















and this:


















So - if you're thinking of scarves for Christmas (and who isn't) I think we've got more than enough to keep you going! And the weather's supposed to be getting colder so there are no more excuses!

PS: T is "under canvas" tonight - think of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment