Friday 9 March 2012

Still Knitting...

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

Just because I haven't been here doesn't mean I haven't been busy - quite the opposite, in fact. Amongst other things I have been adding insulation in the roof (a dirty, filthy job which made me wheeze and I couldn't find a mask so had to improvise):














We have welcomed home the prodigal son from Canada which turned our relatively tidy house:


















into an utter shambles in about 5 seconds flat:
































We took time out last Saturday to go to the cinema and see "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel". We might be biased because we've travelled through India but we thought it was wonderful - fantastic cast, marvellous, exotic location and some classic one-liners - a really lovely, relaxing evening (and we took G and he enjoyed it too!). This film has had some not so brilliant reviews but my advice is to ignore them, go and see it and make up your own mind.

and I have been knitting, knitting, knitting .....

I'm not very good at taking pictures of knitting projects "en route" but I have done today out of sheer desperation to show myself how I have been progressing and to show you. Remember this:














taken during our weekend in Falmouth - which is, eventually, going to be this:


















from Debbie Bliss's Rialto Lace book - well, I've been knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and now it looks like this:














which is, undoubtedly, progress but there still seems to be one heck of a way to go. I keep on going and it keeps on growing but I never seem to get to the end! Every day this week I've been thinking, "ooh, I might finish it tonight" but, no, it's now Friday and I'm still decreasing on the back - on and on and on. I know it's going to be absolutely gorgeous:














but now I just want it done so that I can then sew it up, and block it and then add the 11 pesky buttons (which I've chosen and are in the bag waiting to go on) and then I can - finally - WEAR IT!!

Glad to see that others on Ravelry have been glad when this one was done - but concerned to see that one came out larger than expected - if this happens to me, I'll be less than happy! Also had problems with the pattern but will blog about that later - when it's finished.

For now - back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment