Friday 25 May 2012

Finished Items!

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

As previously mentioned, knitting has been continuing apace down here at Knit Wits but time and weather has worked against us on the photography front.  Last week - after the Olympic Torch excitement - time and weather came together and we managed to get out into the garden and take some pics.

You may remember that I was knitting with Jenny Watson's gorgeous Pure Merino Wool :













well - I knitted this:



















in blue:



















I will not lie to you - at times it drove me insane!  Trying to get everything to line up properly when you're decreasing at both ends of the row can be infuriating but it was worth it!  The stitch detail is wonderful as the wool is full and bouncy and really lovely to work with:







































If you're looking for a pure wool, reasonably priced and with a lovely, soft yet bouncy texture then this one is definitely for you!

In between other things, I have also been knitting socks (I always have a pair of socks on the needles for car journeys etc):



















On my right leg we have Superba Tweed by Rico and on my left leg we have "Jubilee" in Zigzag by King Cole - how appropriate!  The Superba Tweed sock does now have a pair; the Jubilee does not!


I've also knitted up a baby blanket for a dear friend's new baby - it worked so well that it's now being knitted again with more attention being paid to yarn quantities etc so it can be turned into a pattern.  For a sneak preview of my next new pattern - here's the prototype blanket:
















I really like it and hope that baby Katie will too!

I'm currently knitting more Jubilee related things - watch this space!

In the meantime, here is a relaxing picture of a beautiful iris in my garden and another (slightly randomly) of Eric:


































Yes - your eyes don't deceive you - he only has 3 legs (and he's getting very bleached in the sun!).




No comments:

Post a Comment