Monday 28 May 2012

Jubilee Knitting, Amongst Other Things

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk)

As promised in my last post, Jubilee knitting has continued .... not content with just Jubilee socks, I have knitted Jubilee bunting (which is proving difficult to photograph as it's in the shop window but we'll continue our efforts) and a Jubilee Tea Cosy:
















You may recognise this tea cosy as an adaptation of one I made last year out of Cornish Organic's Peruk DK - that had 2 colours, this - clearly, has 3!  It's a very straightforward knit but you pull the stitches at the back to give the ruffled effect and I found it quite exhausting - which is pathetic!

I have now moved on to the matching hot water bottle cover - watch this space!

In other knitting, Tracey knitted up the lovely Stylecraft, Phases pattern 8564 in Life Chunky Prints.  The pattern looks like this:


















the yarn looks like this:



















and our finished garment looks like this:


















Ooh - I do love it when a plan comes together!  Dont' you just love those buttons?!

No comments:

Post a Comment