Monday 21 January 2013

New Gloves!

Knitwits Yarns knitwitspenzance.co.uk

Now that the weather has turned somewhat chilly, I discovered that somewhere between Newcastle (upon Tyne) and Penzance I've managed to lose  (let's be optimistic) mislay one of my hand-knitted fingerless gloves with optional finger muff.  I have hunted high and low (and found FB's hat but, sadly, not my one glove).  I feel sure it will re-appear but, in the meantime, I needed a new pair of gloves somewhat urgently.  I knitted this pattern:



















but wanted pure wool for extra warmth so I chose Adriafil's Knit Col (2 balls):














and having knitted one glove on Thursday and the second on Friday I was all ready for a wintry walk on Sunday.

We headed off to Levant Tin Mine on the north coast.  Now in the hands of The National Trust, Levant is the only place in the world where you can still see a steam beam engine working at its original site.  Needless to say, it wasn't working yesterday and the place was almost deserted:














(the beam engine is in the left hand building, seemingly perched precariously on the edge of the cliff - which, indeed it is!):














It was cold but glorious:


















as we made our way to our favourite (summer) beach (Portheras) which, needless to say, was also deserted:































who knew that Transitions lenses go dark in the cold as well as the sunlight!:














We came back past the (growing) Geevor Tin Mine complex:














and the gloves??

- the gloves are fab!


No comments:

Post a Comment